Sunday, September 2, 2012

This Weeks Progress on the '67 Coupe.

Here's the progress on the rocker panel from the last two weeks. Remember this badly pitted section of the rocker?

Before :

During :
A heavy coat of Zinc Primer to prep for welding.


Here's the patch panel that I will weld in place of the rust pitted section that I cut out. This will have to wait till next weekend, It's just too hot in the garage to work all day on it. But hey, once a week is more than nothing, right?




I was able to get the patch welded in on the upper windshield frame last week, but just now getting the pics uploaded to the Blog. I know... Slacker, Right :>/



Here is the patch panel that will replace the original Door Post that was rotted out.
Outside:
                                                       
                                                            Inside after Epoxy primer:

 It will attach to the top of the rocker panel patch after it is welded in. Then I can replace the outer section of the windshield post with the remaining section from the donor car.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Alex. I hear we may get a cold front next weekend, so I may get some good garage time in if it cools down.

      Thanks for the support!

      Delete